Food Story wants to feature your story about your connections with a recipe, expertise on ingredients, or techniques that you would like to share with readers. Read more why this is important, here. We also welcome reflections on what meals, cooking, or time spent in the kitchen mean to you, in any way that is. Related topics are also honored to be showcased.
If you would like to be featured, please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your submission, please send and include:
- A link to your website and/or other social media accounts.
- If you do not have an external link, please let me know if there is another way to source you, or if you wish to be anonymous.
- Title for submission;
- Photos and/or videos, if available.
Suggestions for writing:
- What are your ties to this dish, ingredient, technique (national, regional, tribal community, community; holiday, religious, celebration, festival, historical, family significance, movement, etc.)?
- Who taught you, or are you self taught?
- How do you share this dish with others? Is there a period of time (i.e. holiday) that this dish holds greater significance?
- Why is the topic of your submission is important to you, your community, or to history?
- What do you want to tell people?
- Additionally, reflection pieces on how cooking or food has impacted you and/or your community are encouraged and welcome.
These are merely suggestions – we want to hear your personal story written about how you best see fit.
Please let me know if you have any requests for highlighting your submission, whether there is a specific category that you would like to see your submission under, or anything else.
Articles will be forwarded to Food Story’s social media accounts on Twitter & Instagram unless notified not to. Articles will be read, revised, and proofread by me, but your content will never be subjected to change.
Please let me know if you have any feedback.
The story is yours to write.