If you would like to be featured, please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF or Word Doc with any available photo or video attachments.
(General contact form below)
Food Story wants to feature your story about your connections with a recipe, expertise on ingredients, or techniques that you would like to share with readers. Read more why this is important, here.
In your submission, please include the following information:
- If you would like an introduction, please tell me what you would like readers to know about yourself.
- Links to anything you want to promote: your website, social media accounts, articles you published, books, organizations or communities that you are a part of or support, etc.
- If you do not have an external link, please let me know if there is another way to source or promote you. If you wish to be anonymous, please let me know.
- A title for submission;
- Photos and/or videos, if available.
Ideas to write about in your submission:
*** Listed below are only suggestions or ideas – your story is 100% yours and how you want to write it.
- What are your ties to this dish, ingredient, technique? (Maybe it’s tied to a nation, region, tribe, or community; a holiday, religion, celebration, festival, historical period, movement, or holds family significance, etc.).
- Who taught you, or are you self-taught?
- How do you share this dish with others? Is there a period of time (i.e. holiday) that this dish holds greater significance?
- Why is the topic of your submission is important to you, your community, to history, etc.?
- What do you want to tell people?
- Personal knowledge or experiences on the impact on food by migration, food insecurity, political or social movements, agriculture, etc.
- What is your favorite memory with cooking or a specific recipe? Or how does it relate, for example, to a celebration, a time of sorrow, etc.?
- Additionally, reflection pieces on how cooking or food has impacted you and/or your community, in any way that means, are encouraged and welcome. Related topics are also honored to be showcased.
Please let me know if you have any requests for featuring your submission, whether there is a specific category that you would like to see your submission under, or anything else.
Articles will be forwarded to Food Story’s social media accounts on Twitter & Instagram unless you notify me not to share. Articles will be read, revised, and proofread by me, but your content will never be subjected to change.
Your content should always remain yours, so if you ever wish to have your content removed from our website or social media accounts, please email me at email@example.com.
Please let me know if you have any feedback.
For general comments, questions, feedback, or to say hello, use the contact form below!